- About Us
- Curriculum & Enrichment
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Sixth Grade
- Seventh Grade
- Eighth Grade
- Learning Specialist
- Physical Education
- Academic Enrichment
- Parent Community
- News & Calendar
- Support St. Clare
- Helpful Links
Mission, Philosophy, and Schoolwide Learning Expectations
St. Clare is a Catholic, parish-school community, rooted in Gospel values and dedicated to the spiritual and educational development of the whole child.
- To teach as Jesus taught is the foundation on which the Catholic identity of St. Clare School is based.
- We strive to be a community of faith, love, and respect for creation, others and self, where our children learn about God by what is taught and by example.
- We nurture our children’s relationship with God through opportunities for liturgy, prayer, celebration, and the expression of Gospel values through community service.
- We collaborate with parents, the primary educators of our children, to ensure that thoroughness of instruction and respect for each child encourages the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional development of the child.
- We challenge our children to use their abilities to achieve academic excellence, to be life-long learners, and to embrace their future with hope.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
A St. Clare School student is...
A Faith-filled Person who
- Participates at Mass and in the parish community.
- Knows about God, scripture, and the Catholic tradition.
- Respects God’s creation, self, and differences among people.
- Acts as Jesus taught us.
- Acts as a peacemaker.
An Effective Communicator who
- Expresses ideas clearly in a variety of ways.
- Speaks and listens in a respectful manner.
- Uses non-verbal communication appropriately.
A Responsible Citizen who
- Demonstrates honesty, helpfulness, kindness, and forgiveness.
- Takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Cares about what’s happening in the community, nation, and world.
- Fulfills duties as an active member of one’s community.
- Serves others.
A Life-long Learner who
- Develops his or her body, mind, and heart.
- Is open to new ideas and all subject areas.
- Works well alone and in groups.
- Learns from mistakes.
- Uses positive problem-solving strategies and critical thinking skills.