- About Us
- Curriculum & Enrichment
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Sixth Grade
- Seventh Grade
- Eighth Grade
- Learning Specialist
- Physical Education
- Academic Enrichment
- Parent Community
- News & Calendar
- Support St. Clare
- Helpful Links
St. Clare School's Music Education Philosophy:
- The gift of music allows a spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual growth which no other medium can provide.
- The development of music skills enhances the student's relationship with God and the celebration of that relationship.
- Music education is an integral part of a student's total educational experience.
"The fact that children can make beautiful music is less significant than the fact that music can make beautiful children."
According to an April 2012 article in The Oregonian by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, bursting into song can have health benefits which may surprise us.
- Lower your blood pressure
- Breathe easier
- Find serenity after a serious illness
- Rewire the brain after a stroke
- Tone deaf and squeaky singers still feel the same joy after a warbling session
- Hymns or Hip-Hop, it doesn't change the benefits